EXPRESS Data Manager™ (EDM) has been applied to build the following products in support of the simulation and engineering analysis domains:
- EDMopenSimDM™ (Open standard based Simulation Data Management application)
- ap209kit (AP209 C++ API)
EDMopenSimDM™ addresses mainly two business needs: simulation data management and engineering data archival and retention. EDMopenSimDM™ adopts product data management paradigms to engineering analysis to assist the user – both during product engineering and product operation - in managing and configuring design and analysis data. EDMopenSimDM™ has applied the solutions for archival of digital engineering data offered by the ASD/AIA LOTAR initiative. These solutions are based upon the OAIS-standard (ISO 14721). They cope with the recent move to model-based engineering, which challenges established methods of data archival.
The openness of the application stems from its use of international standards, mainly ISO 10303 for the representation of industrial data and particularly ISO 10303-209 edition 2 (AP209ed2), Multidisciplinary analysis and design. The target groups for EDMopenSimDM™ are manufacturers and users of complex engineering assets, such as aircraft, spacecraft, and offshore processing facilities. EDMopenSimDM™ offers to them capabilities, such as:
- Single access to product structure, CAD models, and CAE simulation data of engineering programs
- Product data management in the engineering analysis lifecycle phase
- Customer access to simulation information for maintenance and support
- Linking of design and analysis data for improved engineering iterations
- Preparation, export and import of archival information packages (AIP) for long time data retention
- Resource management for engineering tasks
- Extensive graphical and textual browsing capabilities for AP209e2 data
- Data modeling, Database management, Rule engines and Web services access to design and engineering data
- Interoperability with native analysis and physical data:
- Nastran .bdf – for structural analysis data
- Nastran .op2 / .pch - for structural analysis results
- ESATAN .stp (STEP-TAS) - for thermal analysis data
- ESATAN .TMDx – for thermal analysis result data
- VRML .wrl – for cloud of points data
- .unv and .csv – from sensor readings and test equipment
- Raster images from thermal cameras and analysis tools
- And more
- Visualization of 3D CAD and analysis model
- Visually compare models from different sources
- Measure between models from different sources
- Project raster images onto 3D models
- Visualize physical sensor location onto 3D models
- Plotting and comparing results from analysis sensor
EDMopenSimDM™ is founded on the Jotne product EDMserver™.
For more details, please, refer to:
EDMopenSimDM™ offers specific functionality for data that are formatted in compliance with ISO 10303-209 edition 2 (AP209ed2), Multidisciplinary analysis and design. The benefits of using AP209ed2 grow with the number of applications that can read and write this format. Jotne, therefore, launched an API to ease access to AP209 data. The target groups for this API are vendors and developers of simulation software.
The ap209kit is a set of C++ libraries which builds upaon the auto-generated (by EDMsdk) C++ interface for ISO 10303-209 edition 2 (AP209ed2), Multidisciplinary analysis and design. The benefits of using AP209ed2 grow with the number of applications that can read and write this format. Jotne, therefore, launched an API to ease access to AP209 data. The target group for this API are vendors and developers of simulation software.
The ap209kit is a set of C++ libraries which builds upon the auto-generated (by EDMsdk) C++ interface for ISO 10303-209 models. While the generated interface provides individual classes and functions for every AP209 concept within the AP209 schema, the ap209api library, which is part of ap209kit, provides convenient classes and functions for working with the models (creating and retrieving typical entity instance structures) and developing converters to and from AP209.
In addition, the ap209kit contains libraries for parsing certain formats (see the list of interoperability formats under the EDMopenSimDM™ section above). It also contains libraries for converting data from these formats to AP209.
All converters integrated in EDMopenSimDM™ uses the ap209api for their common operations.
For more details, please, refer to: